Last updated on June 20th, 2019 at 04:35 am
Medplux is a worldwide brand with a desire to help people understand medical diseases in a simple way, with Dr. Akatakpo Dunn as the head and chief editor of the website.
With our desire and your help, we will continue to teach medical ailments to people with little or no medical knowledge.
While growing up, it was difficult to get a real understanding of basic medical diseases.
This was my driving force to quickly help patients, medical students, and everyone with the most basic knowledge of medicine.
Knowledge is the key to living a healthy life.
Nevertheless, The material on this website is for educational information purposes only.
It should complement but not substitute or delay medical advice, diagnosis or treatment from a health professional.
Who is Dr. Dunn?
Below is a scanned copy of my certification as a practicing medical professional in my country.
I graduated from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka Medical school in 2012 with an M.B.B.S degree. M.B.B.S means Bachelor of Medicine; Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS).
Then after, I did my one-year compulsory internship/house job at the University of Nigeria teaching hospital, Enugu State, Nigeria.
I continued one year National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) between 2014-2015 by working at the Presbyterian joint hospital, Uburu.
WORKING EXPERIENCE WITH DATE
- University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital 2012-2013
POSITION: House Officer
- Presbyterian Joint Hospital Uburu Ebonyi State 2014- Till Date POSITION: Senior Medical Officer
- Mobile clinics for the purpose of rural antenatal clinics in Ebonyi state
- General medical practice covering surgery, internal medicine, and obstetrics wards
- Running of General out-patient clinic
- Taking medical calls for Accident and Emergency
- Running Antenatal clinics
- Performing surgeries – caesarian section, appendectomy, lumpectomy, removal of retained products of conception with manual vacuum aspirator, herniorrhaphy, and many others.
CONTINUOUS MEDICAL EDUCATION
USAID sponsored Emergency Obstetrics and Newborn Care Course (BEmONC).
ON THE WEB: