Medplux is a worldwide brand with a desire to help people understand medical diseases in a simple way, with Dr. Akatakpo Dunn as the head and chief editor of the website.
With our desire and your help, we will continue to teach medical ailments to people with little or no medical knowledge.
While growing up, it was difficult to get the real understanding of basic medical diseases.
This was my driving force to quickly help patients, medical students, and everyone with most basic knowledge of medicine.
Knowledge is the key to living a healthy life.
As a philanthropist, we have continued to help people all over the world and in Africa.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS WITH DATES
- First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC) 1997
- West Africa Examination Council (WAEC) 2003
- Certificate of Proficiency; Universal Mandatory
IT Training (AFRIHUB & UNN) 2011
- Bachelor of Medicine; Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) 2012
- National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) 2014-2015
WORKING EXPERIENCE WITH DATE
- University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital 2012-2013
POSITION: House Officer
- Presbyterian Joint Hospital Uburu Ebonyi State 2014- Till Date POSITION: Senior Medical Officer
- Mobile clinics for the purpose of rural antenatal clinics in Ebonyi state
- General medical practice covering surgery, internal medicine, and obstetrics wards
- Running of General out-patient clinic
- Taking medical calls for Accident and Emergency
- Running Antenatal clinics
- Performing basic surgeries – caesarian section, appendectomy, lumpectomy, removal of retained products of conception with manual vacuum aspirator, and herniorrhaphy
CONTINUOUS MEDICAL EDUCATION
USAID sponsored Basic Emergency Obstetrics and Newborn Care Course (BEmONC).
ON THE WEB: